Friday 16 October 2015

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit by Judith Kerr


I liked Zwirn Gasthof, her Mother's hard work and Max's improvement in school work. I liked the Zwirn Gasthof  because it was like a vacation resort with its stunning view and beautiful lake. It was also a great place for the family to relax without the threat of Adolf Hitler on their doorstep. I like her Mother's hard work because it meant the appartment was clean and neat for the children to do their study and homework. She also put plates of food in front of them even with the shortage of money and fixed tears in their clothes and bought new shoes for Anna.
 I liked Max's improvement because they had sent him to Lycée for boys which was a French high school and it was costing their parents a large amount to send him there. Max's report at the end of the year had positive comments from all his teachers and it showed how people can change. I didn't like Adolf Hitler and the Nazis, the German family who stayed briefly at the Gasthof Zwirn and the French depression. I didn't like Adolf Hitler and the Nazis because they judged a person based on their religion and created concentration camps to torture them with their own frustration and also, he put a dark cloud on Germany from that point on. 
I didn't like the French depression because it put so much pressure on Anna and her family who still had very little money to spare because of financial issues. It was set in Berlin, Germany then Zurich, Switzerland and it finishes in London, England. The storyline is when Anna and her family flee Germany because her Father openly critcised the Nazis and they were Jewish. I thought that this book was believable and I'd rate it 9.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment