Friday 16 October 2015

Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

'Lola and The Boy Next Door' is the fantastic sequel to 'Anna and The French Kiss', and is just as good. like the first book, it is an extremely funny, fast-paced, perfectly plotted novel. This book has you hungry for the next twist, and I found it very difficult to put down. The characters have a certain individuality to them which I loved. I felt myself getting to know them better and better as I read. The style of writing is flawless, and I loved every aspect of it. I rate this book 8/10. 

This book is about Lola Nolan. Lola has everything going great for her, she's doing well in school, she has a place in a fashion design college, and she even has a tough twenty-something boyfriend by her side. But when Cricket and Calliope Bell return to the neighbourhood, Lola's head is swallowed up by crushing memories. What could have made Lola resent them so much? What will Lola do? Will she step up and finally face her fear?

A character I liked in the story was Calliope Bell. She was Cricket's twin sister, and a national champion figure skater. She had a very sour, negative, dry-humoured personality, and I'm surprised to say I absolutely loved her. She gave the story an unexplainable electricity, and I enjoyed the way she had all the best lines in this novel. Calliope definitely played a very important part in this novel . 

No comments:

Post a Comment