Monday 2 November 2015

The Kite Runner


     

"The Kite Runner" is the best book I've ever read. It opened up my eyes to what Afghanistan is really like. I'm growing up in a world free from war and abuse and these children are forced to experience it every day of their lives. Amir and Hasssan set out to win the local kite flying tournament . All went well until something awful happened. Amir moved to America and after starting an new there he goes back to Afghanistan, under Taliban rule,to finally redeem himself. I adored every page of this book. i give it 10/10. My favourite character was Baba, Amir's father. Baba was worshipped everywhere he went. He was adored by everyone. Baba kept spare change in his poclet so he could always give to the poor. He helped people he didn't know who were in need. He loved everyone and everything. He didn't care about anyone's background, race or gender. He was just there to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment