Monday 2 November 2015

The Girl In Between by Laekan Zea Kemp

I liked her Grandfather's farmhouse, her visit to Emory and Felix. I liked her Grandfather's farmhouse because it gave her a safe place and something to distract her with good memories of her life before KLS, also she could place an object in there and it would appear in her dreamworld. I liked her visit to Emory because it gave her a taste of what a "normal" teenager did before they graduate high school and she got to look at students doing sculpting and see how they expressed themselves with materials, she also found out their tight time schedule. I liked Felix because he was bestfriends with Bryn and she could tell him about her dreamworld without being called deluded or given a child physiatrist's card, also he liked Dani and he was good for her unlike the jerks she had been dating before him.

I didn't like the shadows in her dream world, Drew's desperation and Bryn's father. I didn't like the shadows in her dreamworld because they kept coming for her as her sickness worsened and began to interfere with her life when she tried to help Roman find who he was. I didn't like Drew's desperation because Bryn had given him a chance and he wouldn't stop approaching her while she was also trying to search for Roman. I din't like Bryn's father because he couldn't manage that Bryn was sick with an incurable disease.

It was set in Austin, Texas and it finishes in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The storyline of the book is where Bryn stumbles upon a mysterious boy on her beach , she must find his identity before it's too late. I thought this book wasn't believable but I'd still rate it 8.7/10.




No comments:

Post a Comment